T’is The Season
Nope not Christmas, it’s the Awesome Weather in Arizona Season, and that’s always marked by a great event, The All-Access – Phoenix Summit Challenge. (City of Phoenix Event Details)
The Phoenix Summit Challenge (see 2008 event coverage) is a non-competitive hiking event that embraces various ages, abilities, and fitness levels to challenge an individual’s mind and body while enhancing the quality of life and promoting healthy outdoor recreation. We challenge participants and families on barrier-free and summit trails in the mountain preserves and parks of Phoenix.
All-Access-Paved Hike four wheelchair/stroller friendly trails of the Phoenix Parks!
One Day, 4.5 miles, 10 hours
~Papago Park (Accessing Arizona Review)
~South Mountain (Review)
~Rio Salado (Review)
This course will allow participants to personally challenge themselves by going longer distances and hiking Shaw Butte, the final summit of the challenge. Shaw Butte is an uneven, unpaved trail that may require the use of specialized equipment which we will provide.
$22 for Adults & $12 for youth (17 years and under)
Fee includes a t-shirt, celebration dinner at the Phoenix Zoo on Sunday, November 7th (5-8pm)
and free admission to Zoo Lights. This is a family friendly event and a great way for families to get out and spend time together.
Similar WheelChair Arizona Posts:
- Summit Challenge The challenge: Gather a group of people with disabilities together...
- South Mountain Park Head to South Mountain Park about two hours before sunset....
- Day on the Lake The annual Day on the Lake event is perhaps Arizona's...
- Tempe Lake Tempe Lake is probably Phoenix's finest place to enjoy when...
- Usery Park – Merkle Trail Merkle Trail could better be named The Merkle Circle. It's...
Leave a Response